On 08/12/07 18:47, Jaroslaw Swierczynski wrote:
> 2007/8/12, VDR User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> What I'm wondering is what real benefit this method has over the old
>> one?  Just seems like adding more steps and in the end its just the
>> same result/no benefit.  I'm sure someone will correct me on that
>> though.  :)
>
> Just take a look at a .po file and you will understand. I'm sure
> maintaing the old language file was a nightmare for Klaus.

Well, it was, at times.
Especially when I received new updates from several translators,
often even beased on different versions.

Now maintainers can concentrate on their language file(s)
and send them to me independent of all other languages.

It's also way simpler to add a new translation (I wonder when
one of our neighbo(u)rs will write a colo(u)rful en_UK version ;-).

Klaus