Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Petri Helin wrote:
>
>>> Please try the attached patch which adds VPID clipping to some locations.
>> I can gladly tell you that now there are several "00 00 01" blocks in
>> the sample.ts file. So something has changed to better. But for some
>> reason I am unable to play the sample.ts file. This is what mplayer
>> tells me when I try to replay:
>
> I can play the sample TS file you've sent me with
>
>       mplayer -vc ffh264 sample.ts
>
> mplayer incorrectly chose mpeg12 in your case, as it doesn't expect
> H.264 in the TS's PES packets.

Whatever I try, I am not able to play the TS capture. But that's not a
big deal.

>> I am now also able to record h.264 encoded programs, just like mpeg2
>> encoded, and as a result xxx.vdr files are created. But still, i cannot
>> replay them either.
>
> Stock xine-lib-1.1.7 or higher can play those files. You may also want
> to use vdr-xine-0.7.11 with a patched xine-lib-1.1.8 or stock xine-lib-1.2.

Yes, I have now tried with the current xine-lib (1.1-branch) from
mercury and I can actually play the 001.vdr file. Nice! Yesterday I just
hastily tested with mplayer.

> BTW: Thank you very much for pointing me into the right direction
> regarding this issue!

You are very welcome, since your h.264 support for VDR is greatly
appriciated :)

> NOTE: be aware that FFmpeg doesn't support interlaced streams properly
> at the moment. It typically crashes after a few frames. In my
> xine-lib.patch for xine-lib-1.1.8 I've therefore disabled decoding of
> interlaced frames (more or less properly).
>
> Bye.

Xine does not crash, but the playback is really slow and there are
"ghost effects" in the picture. Xine puts out this kind of messages all
the time:

[h264 @ 0xb61168f4]concealing 6960 DC, 6960 AC, 6960 MV errors
video_out: throwing away image with pts 455968 because it's too old
(diff : 574).
video_out: throwing away image with pts 448768 because it's too old
(diff : 7774).
video_out: throwing away image with pts 452368 because it's too old
(diff : 4174).
ffmpeg_video_dec: error decompressing frame
ffmpeg_video_dec: error decompressing frame

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1,83GHz) which might not be enough. Do
you have the xine-lib.patch for disabling interlaced frames available
for download somewhere?

-Petri