On 09/01/07 21:26, Boguslaw Juza wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> The character set is defined in the first byte(s) of the data that
>> is broadcast for each string. VDR uses that information to convert
>> that string to the character set used on your system.
> Well, I found this piece of code and check returned charset tags.
> It was lots of numbers for this channel - f.e. 109, 90, 54, 82, 52, 74,
> 49, 83, 80, 86, 49, 65, 85, 83...
Those are all normal ASCII characters, which means that the channel
does not provide any character set information. This, in turn, means
that the strings should be encoded in the default character set, which,
according to the DVB standard, is ISO6937.
> So I set:
> const char *cs = "ISO-8859-2";
> in getCharacterTable() in si.c and its much better :).
If the strings are correctly displayed if you set the default to
ISO-8859-2, then this means that the broadcaster is not correctly
encoding the data.
This may be a viable workaround for you, but you may run into
trouble with other channels that encode their data correctly.
I suggest contacting the provider/broadcaster and complaining
about their failiure to adhere to the DVB standard.
Well, I've contacted Premiere twice about their wrong encoding,
but apparently they don't give a sh*t... Maybe we should start
a coordinated effort to pester them long enough until they give
up their ignorance ;-)
vdr mailing list