VDR developer version 1.5.10 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.9:
- Implemented handling DVB subtitles (thanks to Marco Schlüßler, and also to
Pekka Virtanen for writing the subtitle plugin, which helped in implementing
subtitle handling in VDR).
- The new remote control key "Subtitles" can be used to bring up the list
of available subtitles.
- The new setup option "DVB/Subtitle languages" can be used to define the
preferred languages for subtitles.
- Fixed selecting the audio track when pressing Ok in the Audio menu (thanks
to Marco Schlüßler).
- Implemented display of DVB subtitles in live viewing mode.
- Implemented subtitle track selection.
- Implemented bitmap color reduction and shrinking to display subtitles even
on devices that can't display the necessary number of colors.
- Added compatibility mode for playback of recordings made with the subtitles
plugin (with some help from Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The new setup option "DVB/Subtitle offset" can be used to shift the location
of the subtitles in the vertical direction.
- The new setup options "DVB/Subtitle foreground/background transparency"
define an additional level of transparency for the foreground and background
color of subtitles.
- Existing recordings made with the subtitle plugin can be given an 'X' record
in their info.vdr file, so that subtitles can be automatically selected upon
replay, according to the preferred language setup, as in
X 3 03 ger deutsch
(see vdr.5). Note that these entries need to be added in the proper sequence,
so that they correspond with the actual track languages in the recording.
- Now generating translation files without line numbers to avoid unnecessarily
large diffs. Plugin authors may want to replace the -F option with
--no-location in the xgettext and msgmerge calls in their Makefiles.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Added a missing Channels.SetModified(true) call when deleting or moving a
channel in the Channels menu (reported by Halim Sahin).
- Fixed a missing '-' at the next to last line of SVDRP help texts (reported by
- Added a missing SetVolumeDevice() call in cDevice::SetPrimaryDevice()
by Reinhard Nissl).
- Fixed a crash when pressing Left while at the first character of a
(thanks to Christian Wieninger).
- Only creating a new cDvbOsdProvider in cDvbDevice::MakePrimaryDevice() if 'On'
is true (i.e. this device is being made the primary device).
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed handling reallocated memory in cCharSetConv::Convert() (reported by Udo
- Fixed a new/delete mismatch in cMenuEditStrItem::LeaveEditMode() (thanks to
- Implemented sending all frames to devices that can handle them in fast forward
trick speeds (thansk to Timo Eskola).
- Updated the Hungarian language texts (thanks to Thomas Günther).
- Fixed description of DeviceSetAvailableTrack() and cReceiver(), and added an
example ~cMyReceiver() in PLUGINS.html (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Improved the description of where logging goes in the INSTALL file (thanks to
- Added a note about how to initiate internationalization support to the
README.i18n file. The Makefile generated by the 'newplugin' script now has the
'i18n' target automatically create an initial 'po/pluginname.pot' file.
Plugin authors may want to add the '$(I18Npot)' dependency to the 'i18n'
target in their Makefiles, as in
i18n: $(I18Npot) $(I18Nmo)
(based on a suggestion by Torsten Kunkel).
- Removed a duplicate ',' from the ca_ES.po file (thanks to Thomas Günther).
- Added the 'ß' character to the "allowed charcaters" in the de_DE.po file
(suggested by Thomas Günther).
- Made the default copy ctor of cRecording private (thanks to Markus Hahn).
Same for the assign operator.
- Added cRecording::Undelete() (based on a patch from Markus Hahn).
- Added cDevice::CloseFilter() to allow a device to have complete control over
both opening and closing section filters (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Some fixes to PLUGINS.html (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!
vdr mailing list