On 11/16/07 17:32, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 08:20:38AM -0800, VDR User wrote:
>
> I didn't try vdr-1.5.11 because there is no H.264 patch for it.
>
> I really don't understand why they are not investigated to be
> intregrated into vdr at this time as more and more TV are going to go to
> H.264 (not all in HDTV).

The answer is very simple: I'm currently working on other things.

And as long as there isn't at least a (graphics) card that supports
decoding the "good old" MPEG2 in a quality that is at least as good
as that of the FF DVB cards, as well as decoding H.264/HDTV in *hardware*,
this whole area has next to no priority for me. I am not interested in
software decoding this stuff - I don't want to have an extra heater
in my living room ;-)

Klaus