hmmm, I've been looking into the demux_mpeg_pes function in xine,
isn't the height and width stored in the transport stream within the
pes? I tried to adapt the code that shows the resolution in femon to
work on the stream in demux_mpeg_pes but not had much success so far..
:-(

Do you have to parse through the payload itself?