VDR developer version 1.5.15 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is the final step towards a stable version 1.6.0.
Please report any bugs as soon as possible, so that I can prepare
a release candidate next weekend. If nothing unexpected happens,
I plan to release version 1.6.0 on March 2.
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.14:
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Added option -i to the pictures plugin's pic2mpg to ignore unknown file types.
- Revoked the switch to the "multiproto" driver in order to make a new stable
version before making this big switch and forcing all users to install a
driver that is not yet in the kernel source. The removed code will reappear
in version 1.7.0.
Note that you may need to switch back to an older version of your
file if you have already used version 1.5.14, because it introduced new
- Added the new command line option --userdump to enable core dumps in case VDR
is run as root with option -u (thanks to Hans-Werner Hilse).
- Speeded up anti-aliased font rendering by caching the blend indexes (based on
a suggestion by Martin Wache).
- Fixed setting the OSD area in the pictures plugin.
- Ignoring "repeat" and "release" keys in the time search entry mode during
to avoid inadvertently leaving it in case a key is pressed too long (suggested
by Andreas Brugger).
- Improved sending all frames to devices that can handle them in fast forward
trick speeds, including subtitles (thanks to Timo Eskola).
- The section handler is now stopped before the device is destroyed, to avoid
accessing file handles after they have become invalid (thanks to Reinhard
Nissl for reporting an invalid access when ending VDR, and to Deti Fliegl for
a patch that was used to implement StopSectionHandler()).
- Fixed setting the date in the channel display of the classic and sttng skins,
to avoid unnecessary OSD access (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- The free disk space is now also displayed in the title of the "Recordings"
menu (suggested by Walter Koch).
- Changed the message "Upcoming VPS recording!" to "Upcoming recording!" because
it applies to non-VPS recordings as well.
- Fixed a loss of a timer's 'recording' flag after modifying it via MODT.
- Fixed detecting directories in cFileNameList::Load().
- Running the thread that removes deleted recordings at a low priority to
avoid stuttering replay in case the thread is run during replay.
- Limiting the length of the recording name in timers in case VDR is run with
--vfat, in order to avoid names that are too long for Windows (suggested by
- Using cString::sprintf() instead of asprintf() (thanks to Wolfgang Rohdewald
for pointing out a possible problem if the return value is not checked).
Plugin authors may want to consider doing the same. For convenience there is
an additional version of cString::sprintf() that accepts a va_list parameter.
- When deleting the recording that is currently replayed, the replay is now
stopped immediately (thanks to Mikko Matilainen for reporting a possible crash
if the Info key is pressed after deleting the currently replayed recording).
- Updated the Russian OSD texts (thanks to Oleg Roitburd).
- When determining the amount of free disk space, any deleted (but not yet
recordings on different file systems (that are mounted under the video
are no longer taken into account.
- When running out of disk space during a recording, only such deleted or old
recordings are removed, that actually are on the video directory file
This prevents VDR from accidentally deleting recordings on other file systems,
which would not add any free space to the video directory.
- Implemented the cStatus, cDevice and cPlayer functions for setting subtitle
in plugins (thanks to Petri Hintukainen).
- Added cStatus::TimerChange() to inform plugins about changes to the list of
(based on a patch from Benedikt Elser).
- Added new cStatus functions to the 'status' plugin.
- Added missing #include <limits.h> to epg.c and menuitems.h (thanks to Ville
- The new function cSkin::SetScrollbar() can be implemented by skins to display
a scrollbar in every list menu. The 'classic' and 'sttng' skins have been
changed accordingly, as well as the 'skincurses' plugin.
- Introduced 'operator const void * ()' in cString to catch cases where
should be used.
- Fixed calculating the scrollbar sizes in the skins.
The changes regarding the handling of deleted recordings have not
been tested very intensely, yet. Please take a close look at the
modified code in
and report any obvious flaws.
It would also be great if somebody could actually run some tests
that verify the proper functionality of this new code.
Are there, maybe, any other places where IsOnVideoDirectoryFileSystem()
should be used?
*When reporting problems, please don't reply to this message!*
Create a new thread instead, using a descriptive subject!
vdr mailing list