On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Todd Luliak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd be happy if the screensaver never ran again, as it's of no use here
> whatsoever.
> Where do I begin looking to curb the creation of these zombies?

Do you need to run gnome at all? Its quite processor intensive if all
you are doing is using it to watch TV. See the other recent thread on
starting VDR/xine at boot time using startx / replacing the session
manager and those problems with gnome screensaver won't be apparent.

Also, there is a later version (patch) of CoreAVC for xine that I
released on the list which will apply to the hg version of xine (with
a bit of tweaking with more recent versions). The updated version will
support channels at resolutions different to 1920x1080i (there are
quite a few of them).

HTH