Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Igor wrote:
>
>> could you explain please how it's possible to connect 3 cards in VDR to 3
>> LNB's for Hotbird, Sirius, Astra for example
>> with DiSEq-Cswitch
>
> Simple diagram, using quad-lnb's, input of lnbs are called as
> HB-1, HB-2, HB-3, HB-4
> SI-1, SI-2, S1-3, SI-4
> AS-1, AS-2, AS-3, AS-4
>
>            Diseqc-switch 1
>             +--------+
>             |        |--- HB-1
> Card1 -----|        |--- SI-1
>             |        |--- AS-1
>             |        |--- free
>             +--------+
>
>            Diseqc-switch 2
>             +--------+
>             |        |--- HB-2
> Card2 -----|        |--- SI-2
>             |        |--- AS-2
>             |        |--- free
>             +--------+
>
>            Diseqc-switch 3

Hi, does that really work, or am I misunderstanding a quad-LNB? I though the
the 4 outputs of a quad LNB are
hi/V lo/V hi/H and Lo/H. Or is that a quattro LNB?
So what you are saying is that a quad LNB can supply any of the 4
"freqs/polarization" down any of its 4 connections?
Any if required the same signal down all 4 connections?

This solution is certainly a lot cheaper because otherwise he would need 12
input lines, so the spaun would not have
worked as it only had 8 Sat input lines. So he would have needed a more
expensive model.

Cheers Brian