I'm using vdr 1.6.0 along with vdr-xine 0.8.2, xine-lib
1.1.15 and xine-ui 0.99.5 on gentoo.
Recently, I discovered A/V sync problems on my vdr.
My family confirms that these problems have been there for a
So, unfortunately, I can't pinpoint which one of my changes led
to the behaviour described as follows:
Mostly, when I switch channels, it takes a while (I would
estimate around a second) for the video and the audio to sync.
But sometimes, audio and video stay out of sync, then either
audio or video or both seem to stop, then, for a short while,
they stay synced, again, then either audio or video or both
stop, then they get out of sync, and so on...
This behaviour can occur for recordings as well.
I could neither find anything peculiar in the xine-ui stdout
messages nor in vdr's stdout messages or logs that would explain
Looking for people with similar problems, I fould Simon Baxter's
problem description from 2008-05-04 on this list.
He switched from vdr-xine 0.8.2 back to version 0.8.0.
That seemed to do the trick for me as well. So far, there is no
alternation between A/V going out of and back into sync anymore.
Above, I mentioned I had made a few changes:
At some point I thought, I might reduce channel switching time
by using the syncearly patch. I tried this for a while but
wasn't really happy with it as it didn't seem to reduce channel
switching time significantly and it took much longer to change
audio streams (language of a programme). So, eventually, I
recompiled vdr without the syncearly patch.
A lot of things seem to have changed after xine-lib 1.1.8 (which
is needed for vdr-xine 0.8.0) which I honestly cannot oversee.
As xine-lib 1.1.8 won't be supported forever, I wanted to find
out what could cause my problems in newer versions.
So I wanted to ask on this list, if anyone can pinpoint me to
things I could try out in order to fix this issue in newer
GMX startet ShortView.de. Hier findest Du Leute mit Deinen Interessen!
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
vdr mailing list