On 26.10.2008 10:00, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> "VDR User" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The idea of adding the DVB support in form of plugins instead of
>> including it in the core code?  Before I left on vacation there was
>> some talk about how this is a better solution these days but not sure
>> if anything ever came out of that...?
>
> i brought up this topic several times, but klaus never made any
> commitment to the whole idea. i think he does not like it.

Well, I like the idea of taking the plain VDR and a FF DVB card
and have it run "out of the box", without having to fiddle around
with any plugins ;-)
And even if FF cards are no longer "modern", wouldn't there always
be a at least some DVB device that delivers the broadcasts?

It's not like I'm generally against making dvbdevice.c a plugin, but
if it's needed in most cases, anyway, where's the point?

Or do most implementations *not* use DVB devices?

Klaus