Hi Per,
you really really want to follow the section
Die Reelbox-PluginĀ“s installieren
at this link:
http://www.htpc-forum.de/forum/index.php?showtopic=4568&st=0

it will show you step by step how to compile the necessary plugins
(xinemediaplayer and filebrowser), and how to compile the xine library
to allow the xine output to be processed by the eHd card
(xineplug_hde.so).

Have fun

Mattia

P.S.
Don't mind the fact that the page is in German ;)

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 16:46 +0100, Per Mellander wrote:
> I'm succesfully running VDR-1.7.0 + Extension HD-card
>
> I would like to get a mediaplayer ( as mplayer plugin ) working but I'm
> not sure how to accomplish this. The reelbox checkout contains
> filebrowser and erfplayer which I can compile and add to my startup
> script. This is not enough to get the mediaplayer functionaity and here
> I'm stuck.
>
> I can't find any info on how it's supposed to interact with vdr. In my
> logs it refers to xine, but how should this install look like.
>
> Anybody?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> /Per

---MR.-