On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Klaus Schmidinger <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe I'm totally missing something here, but I can't figure out how
> an application using the S2API driver can tell whether a DVB device is
> DVB-S or DVB-S2. Can somebody please point me in the right direction here?

I run into the same question when made changes in scan-s2 application.
The question I want to ask is why do you really need it?
Even if the card is DVB-S2, you have to specify DVB-S delivery system when
you intend to lock on DVB-S channel.
I assume that specifying DVB-S2 delivery for DVB-S card should be rejected
by the driver.
So I don't see a real problem here. The application should follow the
channels file, the "S0" or "S1" parameter that specify the delivery system.

Best regards,
Alex.