Frank Schmirler a écrit :
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:41:54 +0100, Nicolas Huillard wrote
>> This also works around an annoying bug in the (non-upgraded) EPIA
>> BIOS: the PXE LAN boot does not always initialize the network
>> interface after a shutdown. One have to unplug power to boot
>> correctly next time...
> Current via-rhine drivers have a module option to fix this:
> via-rhine.avoid_D3=1
> For older kernes there's a patch:

I was sure it wouldn't hurt to ask on this ML...

Next question : where should I put this ?
says I should insert it in the initrd, but it's a bit difficult in my
case (the same kernel/initrd is shared by many clients)...

I'd try to insert it on the PXE kernel command-line, but it's
explicitely ignored by the kernel :
ml6000 kernel: Unknown boot option `via_rhine.avoid_D3=1': ignoring
...or implicitely, when I just add "avoid_D3=1" (ie. PXE does not boot
after the next shutdown)