On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:39:04 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Besides, isn't there the streamdev plugin that provides signals
> to other clients? I've never tried it myself, but I was under
> the impression that this is what people use in such cases...

Am I right in thinking you can't use the OSD with streamdev, the only
control you've got is using the URI to select a channel? I think having
a global OSD and control interface is quite limiting; if, for example,
each xineliboutput client could have its own OSD and control channel it
would be a big improvement, but I realise it would need a major change
to the API etc.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk