Jörg Knitter schrieb:
Niko Ringelstein wrote:
Jörg Knitter wrote:
Goga777 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cl70fq7sn8

here's you can have a look on xbmc and integrated in it vdr
Maybe this is a trivial question, but how does he switch between XBMC and VDR? I have read (and thought) about some little script that switches between XBMC and VDR, and there was one solution mentioned here using LIRC. But the way it is shown on the video it look like a "real" integration.

That's what I have done. I've written a little script which is called from the XBMC scripts section. It basicly starts vdr-sxfe and kills xbmc. After exiting vdr-sxfe xbmc is started again. VDR is running in the background connected with my server in the basement through streamdev. This solution works very good for me.

In the video, it looks like the the user is using a main menu entry, that why I wondered, because the XBMC VDR plugin does not seem to support OSD transmission.

Joerg

As far as I know it connects via streamdev-client.

Concerning the mainmenu entry, I don't know the skin he is using. It might be a favourite entry, that's what I use in the PM3HD skin.

Niko