As Im just starting to get vdr working, I was wondering if 1:1 pixel mapping between the video card (nvidia onboard HDMI output) and my flat panel (Samsung plasma) is a waste of time.  When looking at a "computer" generated image like the desktop, its going to make a difference, but with broadcast material (SD mostly), I imagine that the material is scaled anyway to fit the resolution of the panel (which in my case I think is 1024x720, but that has a bit of overscan).  So it wont be 1:1 anyway, or am I wrong here?    I know this is a bit off topic, but there seems to be a fair bit of experience here.

--
Scott