Am Sonntag 25 Januar 2009 16:08:30 schrieb Gregoire Favre:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:13:25PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > What do you mean by "native h.264 support"?
>
> Didn't test vdr-1.7.4 (about to) but since 1.7.3 it works really great
> with vdr-xine and xine-lib-1.2 :-)

Hello,

@ Klaus: many thanks for this great piece of software!

I installed vdr 1.7.3 this weekend, with vdr-xine and xine-lib-1.2, it worked
out of the box.
Just one thing I found: when jumping between cut-marks or moving them the
shown picture is not updated - so when pressing "9" to jump to the next mark
I still see the last picture which was shown right before pressing "9".
Moving the mark does not update either.
This makes editing a bit less charming. Maybe it's gone with 1.7.4 ?

> (I also use vdpau : http://www.jusst.de/vdpau/files/xine-lib-1.2/ ).

I also tried vdpau (r181, same url) but it seems to me as if everything was
worse with it:
SD was jumpy, some frames were ok and smooth, then a break/stutter, then again
smooth. Stuttering every second or so.
HD (arte 1280x720) was not shown at all - without vdpau it worked stuttering
but I got a picture.
It seems to work for you - How did you manage?

Cheers,

Ulf