On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
<klaus.schmidin...@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Well, even using *any* version 1.7.x in a productive environment
> is a risk ;-)
[SNIP]
> S2API was necessary for HDTV channels, and recording HDTV channels
> only makes sense in TS. The PES recording of HDTV broadcasts was never
> officially supported by VDR.

The other problem is that I don't think anyone has got VDR 1.7.4
working with the eHD yet, which is my output device... :-( So it seems
everywhere I look at the moment I am stuck. :-(

Should VDR-1.7.0 be reporting my DVB-T frontends as DVBT when it
starts up? Is there perhaps a capability flag in the driver that has
not been setup for the devices that I am using? I compared the channel
settings of BBC ONE in VDR with multiproto version and s2api version
that I am running and they are exactly the same.

@Niels, which DVB-T devices are you using successfully with VDR-1.7.0
so that I can compare them with my own drivers? It seems strange
though that scan-s2 successfully finds all the channels but VDR won't
play them.