Tony Houghton wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:50:42 -0800
> But I wonder, does writing to the HD really shorten its life
> significantly compared to constant spinning or frequently being spun up
> and down?

Yes, i guess it does, cause it writes to the hdd:s surface constantly in
large amounts...

But back to my original question. Could someone who is more familiar to
c-programming and knows how VDR works check out the LiveBUffer patch and
add a these few new features to it? I would love to get warned if i
change the channel in the middle of watching a program from the
buffer...! :-)

This would be more important feature if the buffer is in RAM, and not on
the HDD. If i really missed something important, then I just check it
with eg. VLC over a a samba-export..

Regards,

René
-=-=-
... ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!