If I pause live video then restart it starts in slo-mo i.e. judders, and
>> then eventually freezes, but may then start again, still juddering ....
>> and freezing ...
>
> Well, then I have no idea why it wouldn't work with an NTFS partition,
> while it does work with others.
>
> Klaus

> Hi Klaus,

> I have similar problems using a NFS share under some circumstances:

> The general problem is that the index file stops growing after a few
> seconds, while the 00001.ts file growing normally.

> 1. Using a local HDD with ReiserFS for recording, everything works well.

> 2. Using NFS V3 with the mount options tcp,hard,sync the index file
> stops growing.

> 3. Using NFS V3 with the mount options tcp,soft,async the index file
> keeps growing. I was happy figured that out, but there seems to be
> another problem.

> While having heavy network load this problem occurs again.

> An example:

> Cutting a movie on my NFS share, while recording a new movie to the same
> NFS share causes in the same problem, the index file stops growing.
> And... it does not start growing again, after the cutting has finished.

> This means that I have to stop/start the recording to get a correct
> index file again.

> Could it be possible, that the process which is writing the index dies
> in some kind?

> I've never had a problem like this in older VDR versions, and I often do
> cutting and recording at the same time.

> BTW: Is the a way to (re)create a new index file for TS like genvdr for
> VDR file did?

> -Günter

Hi,

I have checked the recording directory and sure enough, the index file stops
growing after a short while (seconds).

I have tried mounting the NTFS partition with the async option but to no avail,
i.e. problem is still there.

BTW: How do I respond to an already open thread? All I seem to be able to do is
start a new one.

Mark.

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Limited, ABN 19 001 011 427. It is
confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was
addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No
one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of it or its
attachments. If you receive this email in error, please return to sender. Thank
you.

If you do not wish to receive commercial email messages from Fujitsu Australia
Limited, please email unsubscr...@au.fujitsu.com