On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Steffen Barszus <st_bars...@gmx.de> wrote:
> You have missed something indeed. Don't assume poor implementation
> without checking the facts or even read all of them. There are different
> type of users, usages, requirements out there then you might think. This
> is going from 300Mhz / 40GiB to 2x3Ghz / 8TB harddisk space - LFS to
> Linvdr and everything inbetween. So keep calm and play nice. We talked
> about distribution defaults here. Nobody is asking anymore for change in
> vdr.
>
> These plugins do have configurable directories. They have in common,
> that they need plenty of space. The distribution defaults are as example
> as below And thats where the problems started.

Easy there fella, no need to get upset.  Your very first message was
asking if there's a way to change VDR's behavior because it deleted
other crap you put there (whether on accident or on purpose), no?
Later a comment about certain plugins needing to have empty
directories in VDR's recording dir, which prompted my "poor plugin
design" comment.  If you can already define where these plugins put
the empty dirs, why not make it easy on yourself and just put it
somewhere else since VDR's recording dir isn't appropriate to begin
with?

I agree with you about one thing though, there are all different kinds
of users so if you're dealing with pre-made packages/distributions
then yeah do whatever best suits that need.  I personally have no
interest in those but I'm not knockin' anyone who does. Whatever
method people use to get their VDR going! ;)