New version of the Webvideo plugin is available at
The Webvideo plugin is a tool for browsing and downloading videos from
popular video sharing websites, such as YouTube and Google video, using
VDR menu interface or a command line client. With the help of
xineliboutput plugin the videos can be played directly without
downloading them first.
2009-05-05: Version 0.1.4
- Updated Italian translation (thanks to Diego Pierotto)
- Config file for webvi for defining player programs and the address
of the daemon
- Streaming now reverts back to lower quality video if high quality
version is not available (like downloading already did before)
Video site modules:
- Support for a new video site: Metacafe
- Youtube: adapted parsing to comply with recent changes on Youtube.
Download HD quality video when available.
- YLE Areena: download high quality videos by default
- Google Video: support for videos hosted on Metacafe. Made parsing a
bit more robust.
vdr mailing list