Hello Mika

> Closing of vdr-sxfe (by mouse clicking the close icon in dialog title bar)
> has some problem. It will stop displaying the the video-stream but will
> not close the vdr-sxfe dialog itself. To close the app, I need to use
> "killall -9 vdr-sxfe". "killall vdr-sxfe" without -9 will not work.

This is bugging me as well with the same software setup - if you "killall-it"
*TWICE* you won't need SIGKILL to close the empty window.

I changed my sxfe script to get along with this at the moment:

#!/bin/bash
sxfe_start="/usr/bin/vdr-sxfe --hotkeys --daemon --silent --video=xv --
audio=alsa:hw:1,3 xvdr://localhost"

if [ "$(pidof vdr-sxfe)" ]; then
        while [ "$(pidof vdr-sxfe)" ]; do
                killall -q -e vdr-sxfe
                sleep 1
        done
        else    $sxfe_start

Usually the while loop runs twice and the sxfe window closes with SIGTERM.

Greetings

Mr. Tux