Goga777 wrote:
 > So how do you set timers or lookup EPG etc in XBMC is there a plugin
on XBMC to make it appear like VDR frontend?

I do all that in vdr-sxfe but there's a lot of work being done to use xbmc
as a vdr frontend here: http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45314
/Magnus

but xbmc-pvr has a lot of limitation as vdr-frontend - it can't  control of vdr
plugins and vdr settings, go to osd vdr menu, to use vdr plugins (femon, channellist,...)
have a look please
http://xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=376056&postcount=344

Goga

Of course it has limitations, it's a very young project. But it's progressing very fast and I think, given some time, that I will eventually abandon xinelib. At the moment I just press a button on my remote to switch between xbmc and vdr-sxfe so I can have the best of both worlds.
/Magnus