Seppo Ingalsuo wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:00 +0200, Magnus Hörlin wrote:

Hi, I've stripped the ext72 patch to contain just the two necessary extensions streamdevext and parentalrating and adapted it to vdr-1.7.9 but it should work for 1.7.8 also. Seems to work here so far and it's compatible with the iptv and ttxtsubs patches.
Now all you need to get vdr-xbmc running is:
vdr (duh!)
my attatched patch for vdr
streamdevoutput plugin from cvs
XBMC pvr-testing from svn
(with the streamdev patch in the XBMC tree, the osdteletext plugin also works)

No guarantees that it's gonna work for you though.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Meanwhile I ran xbmc without patched vdr 1.7.9, just cvs streamdev. The
functionality was quite okay with working channel selections, epg, list
of recordings. Recording playback didn't work. According to vdr logs
streamdev tried to start some wrong recording.
I wonder if parental rating is really mandatory. On the other hand I
suppose it doesn't harm.

BR,
Seppo

Well, it seems you're right. I've read a post somewhere that parentalrating was needed but it seems to work just fine without it. And the streamdev extensions only seem to add some messages when new recordings start and that kind of things.
/Magnus