Simon Baxter wrote:

I'm using ffmpeg svn revision 29766

Any ideas?

You must have picked up that revision number from a wrong place, since the current revision is 20199. libavcodec/avcodec.h is the file where you should look for the missing member definition. Also make sure that the headers for that revision are the only ones installed. Most likely you are not using correct headers.

I pulled ffmpeg from:
svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
which told me revision 29766
is this wrong?

/usr/src/development/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h _does define_ int ticks_per_frame;

Perhaps I am using the wrong headers - how do I link to these?

btw... --with-external-ffmpeg is deprecated in xine-lib 1.2 since it uses external ffmpeg by default.

Thanks

-Petri