2009/11/24 Füley István <airo...@tigercomp.ro>:
> Hello list,
>
> after some unsuccesfull tests with HD-VDR on Ubuntu, I decided to return to
> Opensuse (i'm using it for SD-VDR for about 4 years). I installed a fresh
> 11.2 x64 version, compiled v4l-dvb-b8eb9e860545 drivers, installed
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-190.32, compiled xine-lib-1.2 patched with
> xine-lib-1.2-vdpau-r284.diff by Reinhard Nissl, vdr-1.7.9 with liemikuutio
> patch, vdr-xine-0.9.3 and PearlHD skin.
> I had to make the following settings to have a tear-free HD video:
> - give 512 MB RAM for onboard video (i have 8200 onboard on Asus M3N78-VM,
> 2GB)
> - set cpu-freq to the max. possible value of 2.1 GHz (aka "performance
> governor") as i had problems letting cpu-freq to choose the cpu frequency (i
> don't understand, why, as i had no cpu load higher than 40% even on high
> bitrate HD channels) - AMD BE-2350
> - disabling composite out in xorg.conf (I have a 1920x1080 LCD connected via
> dvi)
> - and the usual settings in ~/.xine/config for buffer values
>
> Now VDR works fine even on high bitrate channels with "xine  --post
> vdr_video --post vdr_audio --post upmix_mono --post vdr". The problem is, if
> I'm trying to activate deinterlacing in xine (
> -Dtvtime:method=Greedy2Frame,cheap_mode=0,pulldown=0,use_progressive_frame_flag=1
> and many other tvtime setups) I end up with some dropped frames and freezes
> on high bitrate HD channels (>12mbps).
>
> Is this issue coming from my hardware's limitations (not enough CPU or GPU
> power), or is there any more things to fine-tune?
>
> thanks,
>
> István

Derek/VDR User uses xine as his vdr plugin and he uses vdpau, perhaps
you should not use a software de-interlacer/post plugin, but rather
tell vdpau to enable de-interlacing. on xineliboutput I use the tvtime
output plugin, where I tell it to use my video output driver's
de-interlacer.

8200 should be supported http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

Hope this help, search the forum for Derek/VDR xine's command line.