On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:32:03 +0000
Gavin Hamill <g...@acentral.co.uk> wrote:

> The Crystal HD decoder will doubtless appear in netbooks very soon, and
> I fully expect thin Intel Atom PCs to also feature it on-board. When
> those boards/machines appear, we will be on the way to a *reliable* open
> source STB which supports modern HD codecs + playback.

Is it intended for the netbook market then? I didn't realise that.
Hopefully Intel will realise that VGA is obsolete (and that they need to
stop using inefficient chipsets with cheap & noisy coolers) otherwise
Ion will still be the only viable option for an Atom HTPC, making
Crystal HD theoretically redundant.

TH * http://www.realh.co.uk