On 27.03.2010 12:19, Eric Valette wrote:
> On 27/03/2010 12:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> On 27.03.2010 12:10, Eric Valette wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been botten by the 2GB file size split and would like to:
>>>      1) create a single file. "cat *.ts">  result.ts does not work well
>>> because if I watch the resulting file with mplayer, i get out of sync
>>> video and sound at the original split location
>>
>> I don't see why there should be any interruption at these points.
>> VDR simply switches from one file to the next when recording.
>> There is nothing special at the beginning or end of the files.
>
> Well I do not understand either but try with smplayer and you will see
> strange thing happen (slow motion; out of sync, bad timestand displayed,
> ...). Each .ts works fine in mplayer, not the result of the cat command.

I just made a recording with a 1MB file size and cat'ed the files
together. The result played just fine on my FF-DVBS card.

BTW: looks like you have a "Reply-to" header set in your postings, that's
why my replies may not have gone to the list. Please remove that, so that
replies go to the list.

Klaus