I cannot currently receive dvb-s2 channels, but I'd like to update my plugin to work more or less correctly with it (even if I only have a couple of users).
The wikipedia page

says that dvb-s2 has 4 possible modulations: QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK.

Those are defined in s2api, frontend.h, as QPSK, PSK_8, APSK_16 and APSK_32.
There's also a DQPSK, which I suppose is for directv? (see below).
But in vdr's dvbdevice.c, ModulationValues only maps to strings QPSK, PSK_8 and APSK_16.
APSK_32 and DQPSK are missing.

I read transponder information from ini files downloadable from

I examined all files there, and for S2 transponders I found these definitions:

QPSK (this is easy)
8PSK (supposedly maps to PSK_8)
16APSK (supposedly maps to APSK_16)
DIRECTV (supposedly maps to DQPSK)