On 2010-11-08 at 12:54 +0200, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
> On 6 November 2010 14:14, Udo Richter <udo_rich...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > AMD also supports vaapi, but progress is very slow, and its still very
> > buggy. Also, its limited to closed source drivers.
> Sounds similar to what nvidia went through.

AMD's progress has been snail-paced. I think they have actually gone
backwards for at least a year now. Most (All?) of the XvBA interfacing
work has been done by Gwenole Beauchesne, who is working for a third

Nvidia's VDPAU is at least supported and it works rather well compared
to every other similar attempt on Linux so far.