On 09/11/10 12:27, Dominic Evans wrote:
On 4 November 2010 12:59, Tony Houghton<h...@realh.co.uk>  wrote:
I've written my own scanningtool, which handles Freesat LCNs too, which
are supplied in the BAT instead of the NIT. This needs a bit of kludging
because I don't understand how the regions are handled by STBs so I have
to use manual overrides ("BBC 1 South" = 101 etc) and a bit of
shuffling. Then I've got another script which combines my Freesat and
Freeview listings, making sure the LCNs don't clash. It also merges the
new data with an existing channels.conf so it can deal with channels
like BBC THREE/FOUR time sharing with CBeebies/CBBC etc. Really VDR
shouldn't scan and store PIDs, but get them when tuning.

Any chance you could put the source to this scanning tool on github or
something similar for others to play with?

It's part of boxstard which is available by git from
<git://boxstar.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/boxstar/boxstard>. You'll
need scons and headers etc for libsqlite3 (the tool you need is a spin-
off from a bigger project) and glib to compile it. Then look at the scan
tool in the tools subdirectory (scan --help).

Is anyone interested in the other script I mentioned to merge Freeview
and Freesat channels files?