Al 15/12/10 18:28, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
I've a media player that only understand srt subtitles, so I'm looking
for a way to extract the dvb subtitles from a vdr ts recording, and then
use some kind of ocr to convert it to srt.
I asked google and I came empty handed (many people asking the same
question with no working answer).

What I tried so far:

- ProjectX (fails because it doesn't like hd pixel coordinates)
- avidemux (it has a ts->srt option but it only allows pids up to to
255, and the lucky few that managed to make it work say that it doesn't
work with hd)
- mencoder -vobsubout (it just produces garbage instead of good
pictures, at least according to subrip)

Any other option?

I found how to do it but it's way too cumbersom:

the cvs version of ProjectX supports HD subtitles, *but* the sup exported subtitles aren't readable neither by suprip (not subrip!) nor by BDSup2Sub, so I additionally export to sub format and use BDSup2Sub to convert it to a valid sup, that can then be processed by suprip.

Both ProjectX and BDSup2Sup, being java programs, work under Linux, but suprip is windows only.

Projectx:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-x/

BDSup2Sub
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145277