Having pulled out my hair so far over the weekend, I have figured out,
that maybe, I need to change the ca field in channels.conf. After a scan
from dvbscan, it is set to 0, which appearantly means fta. Changing it
to 1 isn't a magical fix, but I think it is something that is needed?
After this however, I am kinda stuck. There is hardly anything to be
found on this subject and most/all info I find is about softcams and
cardsharing.

Nobody has any pointer in the right direction to get VDR working with a
hardware cam?

Thanks,

Oliver