On 23 December 2010 01:34, Simon Baxter <linu...@nzbaxters.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm intermittantly getting a 1cm black bar at the top of the screen in xine.
>
> I'm using vdr-xine version 0.9.3 with xine-lib-1.2, with a standard xine-ui
> front end and vdr-1.7.16.
>
> The black bar has a small white verticle line on the far right.  Other than
> pushing the whole picture down 1cm, it has no other effect.
>
> When X first starts, and xine launches, the black bar isn't there.  If I exit
> the xine front end and restart (without restarting vdr) it appears and won't
> go until X restarts again.
>
> Any ideas?

I'm guessing here that your window manager loads after the first time
xine-ui loaded and that your xine-ui is not in fullscreen mode. Try
double clicking (left button) on the screen to see if that makes it go
away? Or have a look at the place where xine-ui is called from. To see
if the fullscreen parameter was added.

Theunis