On 2011-01-02 at 18:56 -0800, VDR User wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Adrian C. <an...@sysphere.org> wrote:
> > Also with VDPAU, but more importantly in the absence of it would any of
> > these CPU be up to the task of processing: Athlon2 X3 450 3.2GHz and
> > Pentium E6500 or E6700 3.0GHz.

Those CPUs are fast enough for H.264 decoding, but in the absence of
VDPAU, realtime 1080i deinterlacing will be difficult. You'd probably
have to use a simple bobber.

> The only
> exception would be VC-1 material, which I don't have much of, but
> again I think other users can chime in there.

VC-1 decoding gets fully offloaded on feature set B (VP3) and C (VP4)
cards such as GT 220 and 240, so it should work fine. On feature set A
cards it's decoded partially by libavcodec that doesn't support
interlaced VC-1 streams.

--
Niko