On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Timothy D. Lenz <tl...@vorgon.com> wrote:
> I only have a Nexus-s for sat card and right now my rotor alignment is all
> screwed up. Relays went bad and had to replace them. I left the rotor
> elevation setting untouched but now it over shoots more and more the farther
> it goes as if the elevation is wrong. Haven't had time to look into it.

Well, it seems I found the problem. The HAUPPAUGE NOVA-S2-HD card
(HVR4000 lite / CX24116 frontend) won't lock onto DVB-S2 channels with
FEC_AUTO or ROLLOFF_AUTO set. So, I modified the plugin to allow
selectable values for FEC and ROLLOFF and now it works fine. I can now
lock and scan DVB-S and DVB-S2 channels (QPSK and 8PSK) directly from
the plugin menu and move the dish to find and store satellites with
diseqc and signal strength meter. Ideal for feedhunting now!

When I get a bit more time I'll tidy up the plugin and release it as
it should now act as a pretty good satellite channel scanner
irrespective of whether you have a rotor within VDR. I haven't tested
the entire satellite transponder scanning functionality yet for
DVB-S/S2, that will be the next task but hopefully it won't need many
changes.