On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Udo Richter <udo_rich...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> One question here, if I shrink already existing recordings with the
>> command line tool, is it necessary to delete the index?
>
> The command line tool just processes a single .ts file. You have to
> process each file of the recording, and you have to regenerate (delete)
> the index file.

I was interested to see how your patch works but after running the
command line tool on a few recordings, none of them shrunk so I can
only assume that my provider doesn't include such fill data.  I like
the idea however and appreciate your time in developing it.

> There's a sample script at VDR Portal that automates this.

It may be wise to post that script along with your next patch update.
There are a lot of NA users who have trouble trying (and consequently
stop) to navigate german-based vdr portal.

Best regards