On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:09:12 -0500, Rob Davis wrote
> Spoke too soon,
>
> It works as long as the channel is streaming/being viewed somewhere
> else. If, however, the channel is not showing, then streamdev sends
> the channel before it's tuned, which causes ffmpeg to throw an error
> as it thinks it's supposed to send an ac-3 track with 0 channels
> instead of 5.1 or 2.0.  Is there a way to set a delay between tuning
> and sending the ts stream?

What do you mean with "streamdev sends the channel before it is tuned"? As you
mentioned ffmpeg, I assume you are refering to HTTP streaming here. For HTTP,
streamdev first tunes the device, then it adds receivers for the channel's
PIDs, sends the HTTP headers and finally starts to forward the data it
receives from the device. So unless hdhomerun tunes the channel in the
background, it should be tuned when streamdev starts to reply.

Regards,
Frank