VDR developer version 1.7.20 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
This version contains functions to determine the "signal strength"
and "signal quality" through cDevice. If you are using a DVB card that
contains an stb0899 frontend chip (like the TT-budget S2-3200) you may
want to apply the patches from
to the LinuxDVB driver source in order to receive useful results from
The changes since version 1.7.19:
- Added some missing 'const' to tChannelID (reported by Sundararaj Reel).
- The isnumber() function now checks the given pointer for NULL (thanks to
- Now checking Setup.InitialChannel for NULL before using it (reported by
- cSkins::Message() now blocks calls from background threads (thanks to Michael
Eiler for reporting a crash in such a scenario).
- Fixed the return value of the svdrpsend.pl script in case of an error (thanks
- Increased MAXCAIDS to 12 (thanks to Jerome Lacarriere).
- Fixed handling DiSEqC codes (thanks to Mark Hawes for reporting the bug, and
Udo Richter for suggesting the fix).
- Added a mechanism to defer timer handling in case of problems (reported by
- Fixed distortions that happened when splitting recording into several files
(was a side effect of "Fixed detecting frames in case the Picture Start Code
Access Unit Delimiter extends over TS packet boundaries" in version 1.7.19).
cRecorder::Action() now buffers TS packets in case the frame type is
not yet known when a new payload starts. This adds no overhead for channels
that broadcast the frame type within the first TS packet of a payload; it only
kicks in if that information is not in the first TS packet.
- Fixed handling the channelID in cMenuEditChanItem (thanks to Udo Richter).
- cStringList::Sort() can now be called with a boolean parameter that controls
case insensitive sorting (suggested by Sundararaj Reel).
- Now scanning new transponders before old ones, to make sure transponder
are recognized (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Implemented static cIndexFile::IndexFileName().
- The length (as number of frames) of a recording's index file can now be
by a call to cIndexFile::GetLength() (suggested by Christoph Haubrich).
- Fixed some crashes in subtitle display (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Made DELETENULL() thread safe (reported by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The pic2mpg script of the 'pictures' plugin now generates HD images (thanks to
Andre Weidemann for his support in using convert/ffmpeg). The old SD version
still available as pic2mpg-sd.
- Added a mutex to protect cOsd::Osds from simultaneous access from different
(reported by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- The cutter now sets the 'broken link' flag for MPEG2 TS recordings (thanks to
- Fixed language code entry for Portuguese.
- The new command line options --filesize (suggested by Marco Göbenich) and
can be used together with --edit to set the maximum video file size and turn
splitting edited files at the editing marks. These options must be given
--edit to have an effect.
- cTimeMs is no longer initialized to the current time if the value given to the
constructor is negative (avoids the "cTimeMs: using monotonic clock..." log
before VDR's starting log message).
vdr mailing list