I started to use xmltv2vdr for some channels with poor EPG data. I do not
want to use xmltv2vdr for all channels so I modified xmltv2vdr.pl script to
clear only the channels which will be grabbed with xmltv. The result was
multiple EPG events for some programs. I found 2 issues in VDR code that
1. CLRE for a channel does not always clear all events. I compared CLRE for
clearing all channels and noticed that it also clears events in timers. The
patch will add this to CLRE for a channel.
2. Second problem was that for some reason there are small differences in
events times in EPG and xmltv. The patch find events close to the current
event during EPG scan.
Now I have proper program data from EPG and xmltv.
Maybe Klaus can have a look if the changes can be implemented in VDR.
vdr mailing list