On 22/12/2011 23:07, René wrote:
On 22.12.2011 23:32 , Marc wrote:

It's a patch from yaVDR and it doesn't apply to the vdr source tree as
is (at least for me). The second patch works on gentoo ebuild with small
changes (It conflicts with other patches and need some changes for
config.c & config.h part).

I tried the second too but it crashes vdr when I try to pause. I didn't
tested a lot.

Hi Marc,

It's a shame that it did not work.. I wonder in which order the patches are added to VDR in a normal gentoo compilation-processs. Is the VDR_LOCAL_PATCHES_DIR applied as last in the row of patches, or is this first? I assume that if eg. this patch comes in as the last patch, I need to adjust this patch to match possible changes in the source made by other patches..

It would be great if this patch could be re-added into Gentoo as a default use-flag... This patch was (and still IS) a really great feature! :-)

René

Yes, it's the way the ebuild works. Almost at the end of source_prepare, the local patches are applied after the others. But the second patch needs only few changes in config.c & config.h to apply.

Report back if you succeed with this patch. For me, with the patch, I have the option available but when I try to pause, vdr crash. Perhaps the patch is to old (1.7.18 and I use 1.7.21).

The first patch is for vdr-1.7.21 but I didn't succeeded to use it.

Marc.