VDR developer version 1.7.25 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.24:
- The fps value for channels where it differs from the default is now set
when pausing live video.
- Increased the average character estimate for calculating tab positions in
to better suit wide fonts (reported by Rudi Hofer).
- Fixed getting the subsystem ids of DVB devices in case they have been
via udev rules.
- Added several cTimer::Set...() functions (suggested by Alexander Rieger).
- Changed the return value of cTimer::SetFile() to 'void'.
- Revoked "Fixed a possible deadlock in time shift mode" because it caused
output on vdr-xine and dxr3, and also short glitches when replaying on any
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed handling subtitle color palettes on channels where subtitles appear
"word by word" (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed upscaling cBitmaps with anti-aliasing (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg for
a problem with color palettes in subtitles).
- Fixed getting the video aspect ratio for scaling subtitles.
- Removed the "PrimaryLimit". Old "full featured" DVB cards can be run with the
--outputonly option to avoid problems with recording high bandwidth channels.
Besides, with HDTV becoming ever more popular those cards are pretty much
by now (the TT S2-6400 has no problems recording and replaying high bandwidth
channels simultaneously). And, last but not least, people using software
won't notice this change, anyway.
- Since cReceivers can have priorities between -99 and 99, the priority
for an unused device has been changed from -1 to -100.
- If the first event in a schedule has a table id of 0x00, any incoming EIT
that schedule from the DVB stream will be completely ignored. This way an
EPG source can fill the schedules with EPG data that will not be messed up
that from the DVB data stream. Note, though, that this means VDR can not do
controlled recordings with such events!
- Added some typecasts to silence gcc compiler warnings (thanks to Rolf
- Fixed handling overlapping timers in case a VPS timer with higher priority
to interrupt a timer with lower priority.
- The code for the RCU remote control unit has been moved into a separate plugin
The REMOTE=RCU option in the 'make' call for VDR is now obsolete.
The command line option --rcu is now obsolete. Use -Prcu instead. If you have
used --rcu with a device path, use -P"rcu -d<device>".
- Added support for automatically selecting subtitles when playing old PES
recordings made with the subtitles plugin (thanks to Anssi Hannula).
- Revised priority handling to allow receivers with a priority that is lower
that of live viewing (with suggestions from Frank Schmirler):
+ An idle device (one that is not used for live viewing and has no receiver
attached to it) now has priority IDLEPRIORITY (-100).
+ An unused CAM slot now has priority IDLEPRIORITY.
+ The default priority of a cReceiver is now MINPRIORITY (-99).
+ A device that is used only for live viewing (no matter whether it's in
Mode or real live mode) now has priority TRANSFERPRIORITY (-1).
+ The function cDevice::Receiving() now returns true if there is any receiver
attached to the device. Its boolean parameter has no meaning any more.
+ The default value for the Priority parameter of the function
has been changed to IDLEPRIORITY.
- Added a Query parameter to cDevice::GetDevice(), so that devices can be
without side effects when zapping.
- Replaced min(max()) calls with the new function constrain().
- Fixed handling OSD color button texts in case a menu item has texts of its own
(reported by Rolf Ahrenberg). If a plugin creates derived cMenuEditItems that
color button texts, these should not set the texts directly by calling
cSkinDisplay::Current()->SetButtons(), but rather call the new member function
- Moved the call to cStatus::MsgChannelSwitch(this, 0) to the beginning of
cDevice::SetChannel(), so that any receivers that have been attached to the
device by plugins may be detached before the final call to GetDevice().
This actually reverts "Only calling cStatus::MsgChannelSwitch() if a channel
is actually going to be switched or has actually been switched successfully"
which was made in version 1.1.10, so please report if this has any unwanted
vdr mailing list