On 08.05.2012 08:27, Marx wrote:
On 07.05.2012 18:10, Matti Lehtimäki wrote:
There is no need to activate the plugin or fixes through OSD. Everything
can be done also by just using config files.
good news

I'll add some logging about active fixes to next version. One thing that
comes to mind is the need to clear EPG data. The plugin only fixes new
EPG data not the already existing data. So before you can see if the
conversion works you need to clear old data. You can do that either by
manually deleting epg.data, using VDR SVDRP command CLRE or by using
this plugin's setup menu.
I'm of course cleaning epg every time I'm testing by deleting
/var/cache/vdr/epg.data.
I will wait for a version with more logs.

4) I use UTF-8 in system. I have problem how to recognize charset of epg
on this channel. I was trying to parse /var/cache/vdr/epg.data but it
seems that encoding is broken. Seems like some polish characters are
saved on 2 chars (UTF), but it's not proper pair to create polish
character.
So instead of:
100 tysięcy bocianów
I'm getting:
100 tysiЮecy bocianТow

I don't know anything about that kind of problem.

The problem is that probably codepage which I'm trying convert from is not
really iso6937.
As stated by Klaus in other threads, if provider doesn't broadcast codepage,
standard says it's iso6937. If provider broadcast codepage - VDR convert it
automatically and it works without any additional steps.

Tests to use epgfixer with converting from iso6937 do nothing - EPG is still
broken. So probably iso6937 is not codepage which I had to try to convert from
(it's logical - if it really would be iso6937 - VDR would convert it because
it's standard).
Hence the need to determine in which codepage this EPG is really broadcasted.
I was trying "konwert" on epg.data file but no luck. While it suggests a few
codepages none of them is usable on that file (converting to thic codepages didn't fix
this file). So probably this file has completely messed up encoding which can't be
converted.
I guess that VDR uses encoding from my system properties - UTF 8. It somehow
tries to convert this EPG and fails, yet still save it in UTF-8 which and then
file becomes messed up.
Another possibility is that this EPG isn't any standard codepage, and so I have
to write some regexp to mimic this patch
http://pastebin.com/tkNtpTCh

I've just read closer this patch and it's different from what I have used
prevoiusly and suggest to try ISO-8859-9. I will try it.

Has anybody ever tried to contact the broadcaster who is sending this broken EPG
data, and ask them to fix it?
Might be worth a try...

Klaus