VDR developer version 1.7.29 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The default skin "LCARS" displays the signal strengths and qualities of
all devices in its main menu. For devices that have an stb0899 frontend chip
(like the TT-budget S2-3200) retrieving this information from the driver is
rather slow, which results in a sluggish response to user input in the main
menu. To speed this up you may want to apply the patches from
to the LinuxDVB driver source.
The changes since version 1.7.28:
- Added a missing template specification to the c'tor of cSortedTimers (thanks
- Fixed the background color of the Transfer Mode indicator bitmap in the LCARS
- The LCARS skin now only displays devices that can actually receive channels,
out, for instance, pure replay devices (suggested by Reinhard Nissl).
- Now scaling down the Transfer Mode indicator bitmap in the LCARS skin in case
doesn't fit with the selected font size (reported by Reinhard Nissl).
- Fixed making LCARS the default skin.
- Adjusted the default values for OSD and font sizes to better fit HDTV.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed the call to ChannelString() in cSkinLCARSDisplayChannel::SetChannel()
to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Removed DeleteEvent() from the EPG handler interface (turned out not to be
and replaced it with HandledExternally() (thanks to Jörg Wendel).
- Added SetComponents() to the EPG handler interface (thanks to Dirk Heiser).
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Changed the button colors in the LCARS skin to better fit with the rest of
- Removed the gap from the main menu buttons in the LCARS skin.
- Fixed some copy&paste errors in PLUGINS.html (thanks to Winfried Köhler).
- The LCARS skin's main menu now only displays timers that are actually
- Within the "Recordings" menu, pressing the '0' key now toggles sorting between
"by time" and "by name". The selected sort mode is stored separately for each
folder (provided you have write access to that folder).
If a folder is newly created by a repeating timer, the sort mode for that
folder is initially set to "by time".
- Fixed several spelling errors (thanks to Ville Skyttä).
- Fixed handling recording with more than two bonded devices.
- Fixed the type of MBperMinute in cVideoDiskUsage::HasChanged() (thanks to
- Setting the "broken link" or "TEI" flags when cutting recordings is now
if the editing point merges two seamlessly fitting parts of the same stream
to Torsten Lang).
- Fixed displaying messages in the LCARS skin.
- Fixed checking for a visible live programme in case a menu or the channel
is currently open.
- Changed some of the colors in the LCARS skin (you may need to delete the file
lcars-default.theme from your themes directory to see these changes).
- The new setup option "Miscellaneous/Show channel names with source" can be
turn on adding the source character to channel names whenever they are
(suggested by Ludi Kaleni).
vdr mailing list