On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Andreas Baierl <l...@imkreisrum.de> wrote:
> Allwinners A10 is imho a great SoC, the Mele HTPCs have many ports to use.
> Development is growing rapidly the last months.
> The ultimate goal would be implementation in a native vdr output plugin,
> e.g. softhddevice, or implementation of a10's gpu and vpu in libva/xine ...
> Unfortunately, i don't have the skills to help coding...

I'd love to see support for it in softhddevice. It's worth msg'ing the
author on vdr-portal and asking about it. He seems pretty willing to
add support for devices and in this case it's even possible to send
him one because the cost is so low.

I have several dedicated vdr boxes which run 24/7 so I too am
interested in low noise/heat/cost. My requirements are it must have
hdmi w/1080p, 7.1+ surround sound over hdmi, mpeg4 decoding
(preferably mpeg2 also), 100mbit+ ethernet, at least a few usb ports.