VDR developer version 1.7.34 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
and a helper patch for plugin Makefiles can be found at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
This version comes with revised versions of the Makefiles for VDR itself
and all of its standard plugins. As a result of this, existing plugins
will no longer build with this version of VDR, unless their Makefiles are
properly adapted. To do so, please follow the instructions given below.
There is also a generic patch (see below) that might help you update your
plugin's Makefile. If you do want to build this version of VDR with plugins
that don't have their Makefiles adapted yet, you can simply copy the Makefile,
Make.global and Make.config (if applicable) files from a previous version
of VDR into this source and use them. Note, though, that you cannot mix
old and new Makefiles. All Makefiles for VDR and all plugins must be either
old or new!
PLEASE GIVE THE PLUGIN DEVELOPERS SOME TIME TO ADAPT THEIR MAKEFILES
ACCORDINGLY. AFTER ALL, IT'S CHRISTMAS, SO THEY PROBABLY HAVE BETTER
THINGS TO DO THAN SIT AT THEIR COMPUTERS ;-).
The changes since version 1.7.33:
- Changed the type of the TimerMatch parameter in
'int' to 'eTimerEvent' (reported by Christoph Haubrich).
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Fixed cOsd::GetBitmap() to always return NULL if a non-exising area is
- Added several missing "`ls $^`" in the calls to xgettext in plugin Makefiles
- Fixed setting the --package-name and --package-version options in the calls to
xgettext in several plugin Makefiles.
- Added "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE" to
DEFINES in the Makefile (somehow got lost from Make.config.template in
- Removed some redundancy in the Makefile/Make.global/Make.config mechanism
by Christopher Reimer). The file Make.global is no longer used, and plugin
don't include the file Make.config any more. Instead they now retrieve all
information through calls to pkg-config.
- The plugin Makefiles now have a separate 'install' target (suggested by
Reimer). In order to still allow the normal building of VDR (with all plugins
./PLUGINS/src subdirectory, the plugin libraries in ./PLUGINS/lib and the
i18n files in
./locale) the VDR Makefile checks the settings of LIBDIR and LOCDIR when
plugins from within the VDR source directory. If these macros have their
then the 'install' targets of the plugins' Makefiles are called. Otherwise
targets are called and the plugins are merely built, and will have to be
installed by a
call to 'make install-plugins'. This now also allows a user to copy a plugin
any directory, change into that directory and do 'make' and 'make install' to
plugin installed to wherever the local installation of VDR expects them.
- Plugin Makefiles now use DESTDIR and the 'install' program (thanks to
- Due to the changes to the plugin Makefiles, existing plugins will not build
version of VDR any more. You can either use the new 'newplugin' script to
dummy plugin directory and use the Makefile from there (adapting it to your
plugin), or apply the patch from
to your Makefile to make the necessary changes (see comments in that file for
- Added the new menu categories mcChannelEdit, mcTimerEdit, mcScheduleNow,
mcRecordingInfo, mcPluginSetup, mcSetupOsd, mcSetupEpg, mcSetupDvb,
mcSetupCam, mcSetupRecord, mcSetupReplay, mcSetupMisc and mcSetupPlugins.
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed replay stuttering close to the end of an ongoing recording (reported by
- Fixed cIndexFile::GetNextIFrame() to properly handle the case where the very
is an I-frame (which normally shouldn't occur).
- Fixed replaying ongoing recordings from other VDR instances.
vdr mailing list