VDR developer version 1.7.35 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.34:
- Making sure that plugins include the VDR header files from the actual VDR
directory when doing "make plugins" (suggested by Christoper Reimer).
- Increased the version numbers of all plugins to reflect the recent Makefile
- Removed the lines
INCLUDES += -I$(DVBDIR)/include
from the file Make.config.template. If set, DVBDIR is now conveyed to plugins
- Removed some redundancy from Make.config.template.
- Changed "==" to "=" in the Makefile to make it POSIX style.
- Added MANDIR to the vdr.pc file, so that plugins that need it can retrieve it
MANDIR = $(DESTDIR)$(call PKGCFG,mandir).
- Using relative paths again when building plugins locally (by request of Udo
- Plugin Makefiles can now include a configuration file for compile time
(requested by Reinhard Nissl). The actual name of this file can be defined in
Make.config (see "PLGCFG" in Make.config.template), and existing plugin
that have compile time parameters should add the lines
PLGCFG = $(call PKGCFG,plgcfg)
accordingly (see the "newplugin" script for details).
- Re-enabled building plugins that still use pre-version-1.7.34 Makefiles.
The file Make.global is present again to satisfy the "include" these
but the file itself contains no settings. The VDR Makefile's "plugins" target
determines whether a particular plugin uses an old style Makefile and calls it
accordingly. Note that this only works when building plugins from within the
source tree, using "make plugins" in the VDR source directory.
- Removed "include" from the DVBDIR setting in the VDR Makefile (reported by
Endriss). You may need to adjust your DVBDIR setting in Make.config, in case
- Added maximum SNR value for PCTV Systems PCTV 73ESE (thanks to Cedric Dewijs).
vdr mailing list