VDR developer version 1.7.39 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
Approaching version 2.0.0:
If all goes well, there will be just one more developer version after
this one, and then it's going to be version 2.0.0.
The changes since version 1.7.38:
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Updated the Polish OSD texts (thanks to Marek Nazarko).
- Modified handling user inactivity in the shutdown handler to avoid a problem
the system time is changed after VDR has been started (thanks to Udo Richter,
by Sören Moch).
- Updated the Czech OSD texts (thanks to Ales Jurik).
- Changed the template for PLGCFG to $(CONFDIR)/plugins.mk (thanks to Ville
- Updated the Swedish OSD texts (thanks to Richard Lithvall).
- Now clearing device bondings for devices that don't provide DVB-S in the
menu (reported by Juergen Lock).
- Fixed a possible deadlock in handling the tuners of bonded devices (thanks to
- Improved working around the broken driver values for SNR in case of a
S2-3200" receiving DVB-S2.
- The demos in the "osddemo" plugin can now also be ended with the "Back" key.
- Fixed flashing OSD in "high level OSD" mode of the TT S2-6400 in case a menu
while subtitles are being displayed.
- Fixed stuttering or asynchronous audio after changing the audio track. This
by doing a "jump" to the current position, which clears all buffers. However,
only works with TS recordings. With PES recordings it causes a segfault -
been able to figure out why.
- Added a manual page for 'svdrpsend' (thanks to Tobias Grimm).
- Fixed immediately disappearing subtitle track menu in "high level OSD" mode
TT S2-6400 when selecting "No subtitles".
- Updated the French OSD texts (thanks to Bernard Jaulin).
- Updated the Dutch OSD texts (thanks to Carel Willemse).
- Removed all "fuzzy" translations from the files ar.po, hu_HU.po and sr_SR.po,
more often than not they are just wrong.
- Now calling DeviceClear() in cTransfer::Receive() if the output device
of not retrying for 10 seconds (reported by Andreas Mair, with help from
- Updated the Spanish OSD texts (thanks to Luca Olivetti).
- Updated the Hungarian language texts (thanks to István Füley).
- Changed the calls to Skins.QueueMessage() in vdr.c that are related to
status of the editing process back to Skins.Message() in order to have them
- When sorting recordings by name, folders are now always at the top of the
- Updated the Russian OSD texts (thanks to Oleg Roitburd).
vdr mailing list